"Bellydancing is a great way to achieve overall fitness"
Sadira (Nancy Gould) fell in love with Middle Eastern dance, music and culture in 2003. Since then she has studied with instructors respected on a national and international level such as Hadia (her mentor), Bozenka, Morocco, Sonia, Tarik, and Tara Star.
Being a perpetual student Sadira attends frequent advanced level and pro-training workshops to further her knowledge and technique in this marvelous art form. She is the founder, instructor, choreographer and director of the Middle Eastern Dance troupe BellyInFusion.
Sadira has performed and taught throughout the maritimes. She also has been asked to speak about the benefits of belly dancing on the French television show RDI, on the morning show at the radio station 96XL, as well as at various seminars throughout the maritimes.
Sadira is a passionate student, dancer, and instructor of this beautiful art form we've come to know as belly dance. She is a locally based instructor who teaches ongoing beginner, intermediate, advanced and kids classes at her home-studio in Dieppe, NB. Sadira has been praised as a creative and dedicated instructor who works hard to keep this living art form alive and well in Dieppe through her great love and respect for this music, culture, and dance.
Nancy Gould (Sadira)
Graduate of Hadia's Middle Eastern Dance Teacher Training Program
Member of Fitness NB
"I personally recommend Sadira as a very conscientious, well educated instructor of classical Egyptian belly dance. Sadira has displayed both professionalism and integrity in her approach to instruction of this beautiful and ancient art form.
"...authentic classes that will make your body happy and healthy!"
She has enthusiastically pursued her education with me, travelling regularly to attend both my professional training intensives in Halifax and Montreal as well as my Certified Instructor Training courses in Halifax and Calgary. I can say with confidence that she will present authentic classes that are not only fun and fascinating, but will also make your body happy and healthy!"
"Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions and to consult my site www.hadia.com to verify my credentials and experience."
Hadia is more than a teacher to her students; she's a mentor, dedicated to helping students at every level to achieve their very best. She is a professional Flamenco Ballet, Modern, Polynesian and Middle Eastern dancer, not to mention a registered massage therapist. Hadia’s head is like an encyclopedia – full of information. Through experience and studies, she has gained knowledge in the multitude of benefits of our dance, if taught and executed properly, as well as how to avoid potential damage to the body. She teaches instructors how to teach using her knowledge not only in dance, but also in anatomy, physiology and kinesiology. Her love and passion come through in her teaching. I am never bored listening to her teachings since I never know what will come out of her mouth next.
I have attended many Hadia workshops including Teacher Training Level 1 and 2, and her Professional Development Course in 2009 and 2010. These workshops combined focus on anatomy, injury prevention, music interpretation and appreciation, history, technique, variations and how to formulate class plans and session plans. We learn how to safely warm up and cool down and how the warm ups lead directly into technique; how to recognize and correct improper alignment and how to break down simple and complex movements using the ESTODA method. We also covered rhythms and finger cymbals. Hadia clearly explains how to teach the movements and how to recognize and deal with the different learning styles of our students. I loved the anatomy portions of the classes as we watched anatomy DVDs while Hadia explained how each muscle worked during various dance movements and how to apply it to our dance.
Hadia has made me a better teacher and a better dancer. I know that my students have really benefited from my new knowledge, because I can see the results and the improved ease and speed that they learn new material. Before Hadia, I would learn via DVDs and workshops and I noticed that my knees started to pain me during dancing. I would also like to mention that I have had lower back problems in the past that caused so much pain that I couldn’t stand anymore than 10 minutes at a time. Through learning and working with Hadia’s dance techniques and information, my knee problems are almost completely healed and my lower back is no longer an issue. We all have a lot more fun too and NEVER experience any more pain or discomfort from our movements!
There are too many people out there teaching without proper training, or even without ANY training. This is mostly because the training wasn’t available to us. Now, through Hadia, it is! Working with people’s bodies is not something to be taken lightly. The last thing we want to do as teachers is to injure our students; especially when we are just trying to inform, guide and help them to discover and enjoy this beautiful art form. I highly recommend studying with her to anyone interested in teaching or even just learning how to be a better dancer! Through Hadia’s teachings I continue to evolve into the best teacher and the best dancer I can be!
- 4-day workshop, Egyptian Baladi 'n Folklore, DENISE ENAN, SALI (from Tokyo) and HADIA, Oct. 2012
- Hadia's Raqs Assaya and Oriental workshop hosted in Dieppe by Sadira, June 2012
- Graduate of Hadia's Middle Eastern Dance Teacher Training Program, Oct. 2011
- Hadia's Oriental workshop in Dieppe hosted by Sadira, June 2011
- Hadia's Professional Oriental Dance Training, August 2010
- Hadia's Secrets of the Stars, March 2010
- Hadia's Bellydance Bootcamp, January 2010
- Hadia's Level 2 Teacher Certification, November 2009
- Hadia's Level 1 Teacher Certification, August 2009
- Hadia's Professional Oriental Dance Training, July 2009
- Hadia (Egyptian), November 2008
- Tara (Egyptian), Summer 2008
- Bozenka (accents and double veil), October 2007
- Bellydance Superstars Retreat (Tribal, American cabaret, Polenysian) Cancun, Mexico with: Sonia, Petite Jamilla, Moria and Kami Liddle, September 2007
- Group Fitness Leadership Certification -- Fitness New Brunswick, August 2006
- Ansuya (American cabaret with tribal), September 2006
- Morocco and Tarik Sultan (Raqs sharqi), October 2004
- Studio Sephira (American cabaret, circular/rectangular veil, candle), Oct.'03 -Nov.'05
- Sirocco Mediterranean Fusion Restaurant, Moncton, NB - Feb. 2013
- Fundraiser "Because I am a Girl" Project, Lunenburg, NS - Oct. 2012
- "A Lebanese Evening" Byblos Authentic Lebanese Restaurant - Charlottetown PEI - August 2012
- Festival Rendez-Vous Néguac - July 2012
- Mosaiq Multicultural Festival (M.A.G.M.A.) - July 2012
- Music video "Bawana Beach" by Marie-Philippe Bergeron, June 2012
- Byblos Authentic Lebanese Restaurant - Charlottetown PEI - New Year's Eve 2012
- Nutcracker by Academy of Classical Ballet and Modern Dance, - Moncton Capitol Theatre - December 2011
- BellyInFusion Show 2011 - La Caserne Dieppe - November 2011
- Chateau Nova Hotel, S.I.R.E.N.S. Fundraiser, Edmonton,NB - October 2011
- Gala Evening with Atlantic provinces professional Artists, ADFDA 2011
- Cinéma à la belle étoile - C.A.I.I.M.M. 2010
- Stimulation à l'Enfance 2010
- A Bellydance Show (Sadira's Bellydance Fitness and Baladi Fitness) - July 2009
- Atlantic Dance Festival, 2009 to present
- Assomption Vie Galla Kick-Off 2009
- Soirée Internationale. l'Association des Étudiants Internationaux, Moncton 2008-2010
- Shédiac Market, 2007 to present
- Moncton Farmer’s Market for SCAdians Pageant 2006
- Birthday parties, bachelorettes and weddings, 2003 to present
- Haflas and workshops (given or taken), 2003 to present
- Private workshops: birthdays and others, 2006 to present
- Zonta Club of Amherst Area Woman’s Day Out 2006, 2007
- NBAEAP Conference 2007
- Annual By-the-Sea Wellness Weekend (St-Andrews, NB), 2006